Wednesday, February 3, 2010

General gripes

It's Saturday. You hear a knock on the door. You answer it. It's two peeps dressed nicely carrying their bibles. Oh, fudgesticks!! They invite you to church & then utter the single most illogical statement in all of fundamental mankind: "Have you turned from your sins to Jesus?"

Eight little words that make me throw up in my mouth. There are so many reasons why, but I'll try & keep it simple.

1) There is no biblical basis. If you believe the bible, it says that if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves & the truth is not in us. It is not possible to be sinless.

2) The statement implies that you must give up your life or turn over a new leaf to be a xtian. This is worse than the 1st because it confuses people. There are a countless number of idiots think they have to get saved all over again everytime they mess up. Stupid. I've seen people "get saved" and "get baptized" multiple times. Stupid.

3) If you have to turn from a life of sin, this implies that you must work your way into heaven. I thought the Mormons & Jehovah's witnesses had that covered, Baptist.

You show me a fundamentalist that thinks they've turned from their sins to Jesus, & I'll show you an arrogant, prideful, bastard who thinks they are better than everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment