Monday, May 2, 2011

...and Lord, please smite all them that disagree

As a former fundie, I like to make up my own statistics. So I'll say roughly, 83.7% of fundamentalists have a Superiority Complex. I also enjoy being my own authority, and speaking for an entire group of people. Here's my bullet points on the Origins of Fundie Arrogance:
--What else do they have besides heaven?
--Other sects of Christianity are wrong
--They believe in an old fashioned alter
--The bible is always right, therefore, they are too
--Their kids know more doctrine than you
--Only they have the right version of the Bible
--They are always persecuted for their beliefs
--Other Christians don't have their standards
--That rebellious woman is in pants!
--They win souls
--They aren't liberal

Without the superiority, they'd be just like every other christian out there. "Come out from among them & be ye separate."!




2 comments:

  1. heh - this reminds of of an e-mail i received "in love" from a southern baptist uncle of mine. he starts it off with this:

    "I am 77 years old and speak from a lot of experience (many many more years than you have) and that you need to consider if you find yourself disagreeing with my reasons. Also since my reasons are Biblically based I speak from a Biblical worldview. I graduated from Bible College as well as VPI and have been studying the Bible, daily, for over 50 years and teaching and preaching it (but not as a senior church pastor) for at least 45 years. So I think you should give my reasons for encouraging you to return home much more weight than your reasons, no matter what, for not returning."

    ... bet you can about imagine where it goes from there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definately imagine, it's always "in love", eh? Thanks for reading, Tai.

    ReplyDelete