Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I now pronounce you Brother & Sister...

Ah..the strange custom of calling everyone 'brother' or 'sister'. Another one of the many things I'm glad to leave behind. I have no idea why this odd practice is so celebrated in Christianity. Now I understand "luv ya like a sis" & "bros before hos", but I've NEVER like calling others Sister Betty or whateva. It was always weird, forced & contrived. On top of that, it's super weird when church members start dating.

"Did you know Brother Billy & Sister Janey are dating?"

No. I did not. On top of that, what if these two actually marry? Seems odd to me, that you call each other Bro & Sis three times a week & have no problem discussing your eternal commitment to each other over Olive Garden's all-you-can-eat salad & breadsticks. Color me disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment