Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stupid Christian Music

I was raised in a Christian home, so I was exposed to the christian genre of music. Growing up, I was only allowed to listen to this type. I think I've always had a love/hate type of relationship with the brand.

Now a true fundamentalist will tell you that Christian rock is just as ungodly as regular rock. I always hated how you'd go to the music store & the labels of christian music would have such epithets as: "If you like Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre, listen to LowDaddy4Christ." It would always be some stupid comparison of a mainstream (wordly) artist to help you decide which christian rocker was right for you. Why not just listen to the real thing? Oh--that's right, there's no cussing or bad words in the genre...gulp...lols.

The other thing that used to bug me was all these Christian bands would mention secular artists as their influences. --Wait-- I thought the whole point of Christian music was to avoid the world's music. I call bullnist right there. It totally defeats the message. Far be it from them to say they were influenced by Elisha Hoffman, Fanny Crosby or THE BIBLE.





Oh, and by the way, that whole backwards masking thing works both ways. If people can pull satanic messages out of the Beatles, Ozzy Osburne, Alice in Chains, etc. I can pull it out of dcTalk & others. Check out Jesus Freak below. "Oh Shiz" is clearly proclaimed around the 7-8 sec mark. Same song listen at 10-15 secs and about 21 to the fade out: "never saved by..never seen him..Jesus..never saved by, never seen him" Do I think dcTalk deliberately put this in the song? Nope, highly doubtful.

"All rock 'n' roll is the devil's music."


LOLs, LMAO, ROFL. Click it, u know u luv my skillz.

No comments:

Post a Comment